Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Yarn along


As soon as I finished my son's socks I cast on Stepping-Stones (from The Knitter's Book of Socks). I have been waiting to make these for a long time!

I found the yarn at the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival two years ago. I had always heard great things about Socks that Rock yarn and was happy to snatch some at a discount. So far I love these socks! They are knit on size 2 needles, which is always a pleasure. They're going so fast! These will be perfect for fall, winter and our northwest spring.

I am slowly working my way on a short sleeved sweater as well. 


This is Sprag from Berroco. I fell in love with a display during the last Rose City Yarn Crawl and had to have it. It is knit with Berroco Folio which is a fine alpaca/rayon mix. It is super soft and I am loving it. It's taking me a while but it is an interesting knit.

I'm still working on reading Flight Behavior. I'm as slow reading these days as I am knitting. I think that will change when I go on a trip in a few weeks. I'll have plenty of plane time to knit and read.

Link up at Yarn Along!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Socks That Rock is my absolute favorite sock yarn. I have about 3 skeins waiting for me in my yarn cabinet. It's rare to find them at a reduced rate so you were lucky to find them!

Iris said...

Just hopping over from the yarn along.

I'm quite curious about that Socks That Rock yarn now... I've been knitting quite a few socks lately so maybe, once I run out of sock yarn stash I'll try it. Really like the colour of the socks you are knitting!